Minifinity The Classic Mini Forum and Resource | • View topic - Hi

Hi

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your Mini. Minifinity always has someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderators: Club Admins, Minifinity Staff

Hi

Postby Slowlydoesit » Tue 7th Apr 2020, 09:43am

Hi all

Not the first time I've been on this forum but last time was about 10 years ago and I've completely forgotten that username and email address.
Anyway I have a Mini 30 that I bought in 2003 and used as my daily drive for a couple of years at Uni. I did a couple of upgrades, mainly replacing the 998 with a 1310, stage 3 head, morspeed phase 3 can etc. Was good fun. However I last drove it in 2009 and since then it's been stored in various garages waiting for some attention hence my new forum name!
That time is finally now and I've started getting on with the work. So far it's a new rear quarter, new wings, new sills and a scuttle. It's also a good opportunity to learn how to weld so I've bought myself a nice parweld xte181 as an incentive. I've signed back up so I can get the expert advice of all of you who have been there before me.
Maybe I'll be finished in a couple of years - here's hoping!
Slowlydoesit

Drives: 1989 Mini 30

Re: Hi

Postby Nozzle » Tue 7th Apr 2020, 02:55pm

Hi there, Welcome... back!!

Good luck with the welding.. I strongly advise you get a larger cylinder of Argon/CO2 mix and suitable regulator. The mini cylinders only last a few minutes.

Nozzle
Nozzle
Contributor
Contributor

Drives: 1995 Rover Cooper SPi
1966 Morris Countryman

Re: Hi

Postby Slowlydoesit » Tue 7th Apr 2020, 07:03pm

I've got one of the 9L hobbyweld type cylinders. Relatively reasonably priced from a local supplier. It'll keep me in for a bit while I practice.
Slowlydoesit

Drives: 1989 Mini 30

Return to The Doorbell