Minifinity The Classic Mini Forum and Resource | • View topic - 8.4” vented Calipers

8.4” vented Calipers

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your Mini. Minifinity always has someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderators: Club Admins, Minifinity Staff

8.4” vented Calipers

Postby DUF2 » Fri 1st May 2020, 03:56pm

Hi, I am new to this forum.
I have a problem with a caliper on my ‘65 Elf. Before I bought the car it had been modded with a 1275 A+ engine and Metro 8.4” vented disc brakes.
A couple of bleed nipples have broken off in one caliper and I have been unable to successfully remove them. I drilled one out to recap the hole 8mm, but the hole does not line up properly so I need a new caliper. I have the Goodridge brake pipes so need a caliper where the inlet port have been faced to allow a banjo bolt.
I ordered a caliper quoting the GBC2031 part number as listed on the Somerford site, but the caliper which I received had not been faced and a seal could not be made with the banjo.
I returned the caliper and tried another company, I explained what I needed and sent a foto, only to be asked for the Reg No, I advised this was no good and showed the Somerford listing. The caliper I have received again is not faced.
Am I using an incorrect part number?
Thanks Gordon
How do I attach a photo?
DUF2

Drives: MINI Cooper SE All4 PHEV

1965 Riley Elf

Re: 8.4” vented Calipers

Postby Zippyrude » Fri 1st May 2020, 08:39pm

what side caliper - i have a pair and one is broken iirc, so can sell cheap if thats of use.

to add picture you need to host it and add the url within the image tags
Zippyrude
Contributor
Contributor

Tag Line: Help support Minifinity
paypal@minifinity.com
Drives: projects galore

Re: 8.4” vented Calipers

Postby DUF2 » Sat 2nd May 2020, 01:03am

Hi zippy, it is the Right Offside caliper I need
DUF2

Drives: MINI Cooper SE All4 PHEV